Applications Now Open for 2023 Student Scholarships – Deadline is May 12, 2023
The Long Island Music and Entertainment Hall of Fame is now accepting applications for their scholarship program. Deadline for application is Friday, May 12, 2023.
They will be awarding $500 scholarships to graduating students for 2023.
Student Scholarships offered provide funding for graduating Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn (Kings) and Queens counties high school students who have shown an interest in pursuing a music career.
The LIMHOF Education Committee will base selections on the completed application and the following:
- 400 to 500-word essay on education and career goals
- High school transcript
- Letter of recommendation from an individual who can attest to the applicant’s commitment to a music career
Eligibility criteria is:
- Graduating high school senior from Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn (Kings) or Queens counties
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Accepted full-time at an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in music
- Financial need
- U.S. citizen or legal resident with I-55 permanent residency