The Long Island Music Hall of Fame Now Accepting 2021 Scholarship Applications – Deadline is May 14, 2021
The Long Island Music Hall of Fame has announced that it is now accepting applications for their scholarship program. They will be awarding $500 scholarships to graduating students for 2021. Deadline for application is May 14, 2021.
Student Scholarships offered provide funding for graduating Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn (Kings) and Queens counties high school students who have shown an interest in pursuing a music career.
The LIMHOF Education Committee will base selections on the completed application and the following:
• 400 to 500-word essay on education and career goals
• High school transcript
• Letter of recommendation from an individual who can attest to the applicant’s commitment to a music career
Eligibility criteria is:
• Graduating high school senior from Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn (Kings) or Queens counties
• Minimum 2.5 GPA
• Accepted full-time at an accredited college or university
• Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in music
• Financial need
• U.S. citizen or legal resident with I-55 permanent residency
Applications are due by May 14, and can be found here: